Transition Into Student Life
AAON is a progressive vocational learning academy with globally-connected alumni. We not only embrace a multi-cultural learning environment and respectful engagement with our students but we also encourage our community to develop a sense of belonging.
For this reason, it is important that your orientation and transition activities are of a positive experience. That is our commitment to you.
Before you commence with your studies at AAON, you will be required to attend a compulsory Student Orientation Day. The program will provide you with an excellent opportunity to learn more about our campus, facilities and services, discuss any concerns you may have as you transition into student life and understanding Australian culture.
Additionally, the orientation will allow us to present the academic and social support that are always available to you.
The orientation program will include information on, as follows:
- Details of internal and external support services available to assist in the transition into life and study in Australia. Such services include welfare services, accommodation services, academic and career advice, IT support, and student learning assistance, English language support and social inclusion activities.
- Legal, emergency and health services
- Facilities and resources
- Study tips and classroom culture
- Student policies and procedures including course progress, attendance monitoring, deferral, suspension and cancellation, course transfer and complaints and appeals.
- Any student visa conditions relating to course progress and attendance.
Your completed enrolment form will also allow us to identify any additional support you may need throughout the duration of your chosen course, which we’ll discuss with you during the orientation process.
AAON’s Student Support services include:
- Mentoring from trainers.
- Additional classes, tutorials and workshops.
- Disabilities including learning support
- Online support and exercises for some courses.
- Computer and technology support.
- Referral to external support services.