What To Do or Where To Go

AAON provides support to every student during an emergency, however, it’s vital to know what to do if you’re in need of immediate assistance.

Emergency Numbers:

In a local emergency, please dial 000 for

  • police
  • ambulance
  • fire brigade

When you are connected with an operator, you will be asked whether you want fire, ambulance or police and why you want this assistance. You will also be asked for your name and address and telephone number.

Medical assistance

Emergency medical treatment is available 24 hours a day at the emergency or casualty department of a public hospital, or at some medical centres. Public and private hospitals are listed in the White Pages telephone directory under ‘Hospitals’ and you can also find them by searching on the internet. If you need to go to hospital, remember to bring your health insurance card and any medicines you are currently taking. For anything other than an emergency, seek medical help from a general practitioner (GP) or local medical centre.

Where To Go:


Police Station

  • Parramatta Police Station
    95 Marsden Street, Parramatta  NSW | Phone: 02 96330799

Local Medical Centres

  • Parramatta Medical Centre
    Shop 2, Entrada Building
    20 Victoria Rd Parramatta  (Cnr Victoria Rd & Church St)  Opposite McDonald’s
    PH: (02) 9762 1041
    FAX: (02) 9762 1044

    Opening Hours:
    Monday– Friday 8.00am – 7.00pm;
    Saturday – Sunday 9.00am – 3:30pm
  • Argyle Street Medical Centre
    Address: Shop 13, Westfield Parramatta, Cnr Argyle & Marsden Street, Parramatta
    PH:(02) 9893 8733

    Opening hours:
    Monday – Friday 8.00am – 6:30pm;
    Saturday – Sunday 09.00am – 5.00pm
  • WP Medical Centre
    Shop M10A, Level 2 (within Priceline Pharmacy)  Westfield Parramatta
    159-175 Church Street Parramatta
    PH (02) 8208 8822
    FAX (02) 8208 8872

    Opening Hours:
    Monday – Friday 09.30am – 5.00pm,
    Saturday 0900 – 1300  SUNDAY-CLOSED

On Campus Emergencies:

For on-campus emergencies including any sudden illness or hospitalisation, please dial (02) 8837 6488 or report directly to a faculty or administration staff member.

If a major incident or natural disaster occurs in your home country and you need to get in touch with your family, please dial our Student Support team. We can offer you urgent support along with access to a phone and additional information on how to address any issues in the event of an emergency.

Also, visit your country’s Consulate or Embassy in Australia.

Contact Information

  • Australian Academy of Nursing
    Address: Level 5, 20-22 Macquarie Street, Parramatta, NSW, 2150
    Phone: (02) 9744 6755 Email: [email protected]
  • Department of Home Affairs
    Phone 131 881 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday

Overseas Student Health Cover

The Department of Home Affairs requires you to maintain OSHC for the duration of your time on a student visa in Australia. Please also contact your health insurance provider. Your OSHC will help pay for any medical or hospital care you may need while you’re studying in Australia, and it will contribute towards the cost of most prescription medicines, and an ambulance in an emergency.

Unless you have paid a higher level of private insurance, your OSHC will not cover dental, optical or physiotherapy.

Important links and resources